1. Cockatoo Island: This island is a homeland for Australia’s largest shipyard. It is situated at the junction of Lane Cove and Parramatta rivers. You can find two dry docks on this beautiful island, both of which were built by convicts. Thus, giving them a position on the National Heritage List.
2. Darling Quarter Children’s Playground: This Park is undoubtedly the perfect location to let your children run free! It has numerous activities for a great family day out. There are balance ropes, slides, a flying fox, giant ring as well as many more activities. This park is just another name for fun in Sydney!
3. Luna Park: This renowned amusement park was founded way back in 1930. It offers various facilities to relax, dine or ride the ferrous wheel which gives you a great view of Sydney city.
4. Sea Life Sydney Aquarium: Home to over 1700 marine animals and 16 rare species, the aquarium boasts the world’s largest variety of sharks and stingrays. They are spread across many differently themed zones. Sea Life Aquarium includes a discovery tank where you and your children can interact with the animals. Definitely an exciting sight to pay a visit to.
5. Sydney Opera House: This iconic landmark serves as the photo on many a poster card. The opera house is known for its learning programs that cover tradition and contemporary shows for all. Children, as well as those from many leading art companies, can learn about what they feel like, here.
6. Taronga Zoo: If you want to educate your child about animals and wildlife, this zoo is an excellent place to visit! Taronga is home to over 4000 animals, and the various keeper talks and tours can entertain you and your child during your visit. They have also installed a high rope course suited for children between 4 and 7.
7. The Entertainment Quarter: The perfect spot for children to play with amenities like plaster painting, bowling, laser skirmish and many more.
8. Wildlife Sydney Zoo: Like the African big five, Australia has a big five that can be met in this zoo. The koala, crocodile, wombat, kangaroo, and platypus are a must see when you visit this continent.
9. The Australian Museum: About 200 years old, this is Australia’s first museum and offers a deep insight into Australian culture, history, and nature. A great place for kids to explore, learn and discover.
10. Sydney Tower: A visit to Sydney would be incomplete without getting an aerial view of this magnificent city. See all that this city has to offer with a 360-degree view. Situated at the height of 250 meters from the Sydney Tower observation deck, the view from here feels like heaven!
11. Sydney Olympic Park: Witness the expanse and be in awe when you see the spots where some of the best sports victories of the 2000 Olympics took place.
12. Museums Discovery Centre: Spend a day educating your child with art and culture. This Museum of Applied Arts and Sciences has various mini sessions, events at workshops that take place every month. These help your child learn better and in a more interesting way.
13. Featherdale Wildlife Park: A one-stop destination to witness over 1700 native Australian animals. Experience feeding wallabies and kangaroos and walk into the homes of some animals too.
14. Darling Harbour: Darling Habour offers a host of activities for kids as well as adults. Mesmerising cruises, cinemas, museums, bowling alleys and laser skirmish, yummy food, and a lot more, Darling Harbour has it all.
15. National Maritime Museum: This kid-friendly museum takes you on a journey discovering real-life submarines and warships. Highly interactive and full of adventure, a day at this museum is an experience of a lifetime.
When touring Sydney with your child, these are some destinations you wouldn’t want to miss out! Explore the great place and witness beautiful destinations.